Saturday, May 31, 2008

James Hook & Co.


James Hook & Co., originally uploaded by southiejason.

Just last Friday, after my first Southie turkey sighting (I have since seen the turkey two more times), we went to The Barking Crab for dinner. I brought my camera along and snapped some photos along the Waterfront.

One of those photos - this one - was of the James Hook & Co. building. I didn't know what this business did, but figured it had to do with seafood. I thought the crude signage and industrial feel made for a great photo composition.

Then, at work yesterday, Karin pointed out that the building caught fire and was destroyed. Such a shame.

It's difficult to predict fate. Just days after I took this photo on what appeared to be a typical Friday evening, the building is now gone.

No comments: