Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Celtics Win! Southie quiet.

I must admit - it's not every day that the Goodyear Blimp is flying over my head at 12:30 am during the final Rosie walk of the night.

But it's also not every day that the Celtics have such an amazing field goal percentage and win a Championship in decisive fashion. Good for them. Yes, I even watched the game.

It's nice to see the photos on boston.com - fans celebrating in bars, on the streets, and by tipping over flower planters (?!)

Here in Southie, it was eerie. Way too quiet for a city with yet another championship victory. I remember people screaming and cars blaring their horns down my street when both the Sox and Pats won, and figured the Southie faithful wouldn't disappoint.

Perhaps we're expecting wins too readily? Or, perhaps in being a Tuesday night at midnight, people were just ready for bed.

No comments: