Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wet Dog and Sweet Coffee

Today, I drove to NY for a number of family obligations (I'm taking a personal day tomorrow as well).

This morning, I woke up to torrential rain during the time I needed to walk Rosie and load her into the car. Normally, I would have waited until the storm passed, but I had to hit the road by 9:30am. So, out we go, short leash and umbrella in hand, wearing my rain repellent coat.

Regardless of how much I attempted to keep the umbrella above Rosie, she still got soaked. Stupid me then loaded her right into the car after the walk rather than bringing her inside to towel off.

When dogs move from wet to no longer wet, what do they do? They shake out.

Inside of car is now soaked.

My jeans were also uncomfortably wet, so I locked her in the car, ran inside to change, and came back out to a car interior that was both humid and slightly pungent as the distinct smell of wet dog overpowered my air freshener.

Thankfully, Rosie seems to have overcome her aversion to my car, as she now freely hops up into it, and no longer drools uncontrollably.

Off we went.

I drove to the Dunkin Donuts drive thru, and ordered a #5 and coffee with just cream.

That's simply two things to remember. Arguably three.

#5

Coffee (which may or may not be understood)

Just Cream

I received my #5 and cup of coffee, eating the #5 first, and finally taking a sip of hot coffee around one of the Masspike toll plazas.

It had cream and sugar.

WHY does Dunkin Donuts assume everyone wants sugar in their coffee?

I don't. That's why I say "JUST CREAM"

And...upon hearing those words...how hard is it to deliver a coffee that doesn't have sugar?

I got over my sweet coffee, and focused on the drive.

The rains ceased around I-84 (but continued intermittently), Rosie was well-behaved, and we made it without stopping in around 3 hours and 15 minutes. Great time. The sun even emerged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you went to Starbucks, they wouldn't put sugar in......