Saturday, June 14, 2008

Note to Self, re: Baking

Remember...say it three times whenever you get the urge....

Just because you have an oven, doesn't mean you can bake
Just because you have an oven, doesn't mean you can bake
Just because you have an oven, doesn't mean you can bake

Cooking? No problem. Baking? Eh.

Somehow, I was able to make two pans of brownies that were done on the outside, but wet in the middle. I was told it had something to do with the pan I used (i.e. a disposable aluminum pan from the grocery store).

Nonetheless, they looked delicious. But just weren't done enough.

I tried putting one pan in Todd's oven last night, thinking they could finish cooking there...and they just wouldn't finish cooking.

For today's brownies, I cut out the middle and transferred that into a glass pan. The outside edge is done enough to not have to cook again.

But the middle...is being re-cooked now (can one re-cook a part of a pan of brownies??)

In the future, it's simple. I just need to remember this posting.

No comments: