Saturday, September 20, 2008

Southie War Zone

Southie has been a war zone of construction for the better part of the past six months.

It has been tolerable yet irritating because much of the building and road work has not been centered on my street.

Until now.

I came home last night to find my block engulfed with heavy machinery. What's odd is that the folks from the city or National Grid - whoever posts the warning sides along the sides of the streets - did not such thing for this current project.

What if I parked right outside of my home - legally - and carpooled to work today. Would I have found my car towed? My guess is yes.

I took this shot after realizing that it appeared the truck had crashed into my front steps from this vantage point (it did not, but was indeed up on the sidewalk).

This hole materialized at some point during the day. I would have stopped for a closer look, but didn't want to raise the ire of the police on detail or crews inside of it. Plus, a tiny part of me was afraid I would fall in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bwa, ha, ha, ha! I am sorry but your comment about your car being towed while parked legally made me laugh!!

Here's hoping they get all the construction done before it snows....

Great photos...the street looks deserted.