Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Whoopie Pie

I rarely post during the workday, but my blood sugar is quite wacky at this moment.


Why?

The Whoopie Pie.

I decided to go to the cafeteria at work today and grab lunch there.  While waiting for my sandwich, I saw their baked good counter, which included a few of the largest Whoopie Pies I have seen.

I needed the Whoopie Pie.

It's now 3pm, and I'm still grazing on it.  This is all that is left, and probably represents 1/18th of the size of the initial Whoopie Pie.

My legs are bouncing and I feel lightheaded every few minutes.  I'm also a bit jittery.  Coffee at 7am, coffee at 11am, Coke Zero at 1pm, Whoopie Pie from 1:30-3:00pm.

No wonder.

4 comments:

Casey said...

what exactly is whoopie pie? i see that it's chocolate, but i've never heard of a dessert with that name!

Anonymous said...

You are TOO funny! That looks very good!

I do have to say I thought your entry today would've been about the QE2....

Jason said...

Kathy, I didn't have a photo of it! But I did drive past it (I think) a couple days ago.

Casey, imagine an oreo cookie, but the chocolate part is cake - half sphere on top, half on bottom - and the middle is a huge amount of vanilla icing. That...is a Whoopie Pie!

Casey said...

oh ok, that sounds delicious! it sounds very similar to "dirt cake," which we have here in the south. :)