Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


I can't admit to being the hugest Halloween fan. The last time I dressed up in costume was 2001, after first having moved to Boston I convinced Mike, Brian, and Kelly to be The Iron Chefs with me. Naturally, my costume had an Italian flair. I seem to recall having written Japanese characters on my forearms (because of course all Japanese chefs tattooed their forearms with characters from their alphabet).

Back in New York, we referred to last night - the night before Halloween as Gate Night (aka Mischief Night in other parts). I haven't bumped into anyone else who refers to it as Gate Night. Regardless, there was always a concern that our house would get egged or yard toilet-papered by local trouble-makers. I haven't surveyed the damage in Southie just yet, as Rosie's walk will be in a few minutes.

For a neighborhood with lots of kids, I never seem to get trick-or-treaters, so I have given up on buying candy and instead occupy my time out and about with friends. Thankfully, it's also Chris' 30's Birthday today (finally), and we're going to The Melting Pot for dinner. I am very excited for this, as my journey to The Melting Pot earlier this year was excellent.

But, to all dirty nurses, zombie mechanics, and Sarah Palins out there, Happy Halloween.

No comments: