Thursday, June 25, 2009

Garlic Scape Face


Last year, during the week in which our produce boxes included garlic scapes, we received 2 or 3 of them.

Different story this year. I have 17 garlic scapes.

What am I going to do with 17 garlic scapes?

Well first of all, I had to create Garlic Scape Face, of course!

There is not much online about garlic scapes, but according to our CSA newsletter, here is what a garlic scape is:

"The curling flower bud of the garlic plant, garlic scapes are less pungent than raw garlic cloves. They can be chopped fine and eaten raw on salads or added to stir fries. I love them roasted - brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and cook on a grill or in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until they are soft. Check and flip them half way through cooking."

I have a feeling if I eat too many of these things, I'm going to have garlic dragon breath for weeks.

No comments: