Sunday, September 06, 2009

Another Home Run

As far as I can tell, my softball season has finally ended. No more league play, and no more tournaments (to my knowledge). It was a fun ride!

This week, we placed 6th in the tournament (out of 39 teams in our division), and had a great 6-2 run, best of all six Boston entries. I batted .500 over the eight games, and somehow cranked a home run and a triple over two unsuspecting left center fielders during our final two games. Along with my walkoff game winning single in Game 3, I had a pretty exciting series.

Toward the end of the week, I started feeling the dreaded tickle in the back of my throat, and awoke in a pool of sweat on Friday morning, thanks to a fever that kicked in and then broke. The fact that my two extra base hits came while sick makes me wonder if I shouldn't play ill more frequently.

I was set to return on AirTran's Sunday evening MKE-BOS nonstop flight, but instead found a cheap $120 one way fare on Midwest for their Saturday nonstop, and decided to head home a day early for some needed extra rest. A day trip to Chicago would have been fun, as would have been a photo trip around Milwaukee. Unfortunately, I had to skip both of those options. Hence, no photos!

No comments: