Monday, December 11, 2006

Transitions

The photo below is of a sunset over Lake Coeur D'Alene in my one and only day in Idaho. Coeur D'Alene is about 45 minutes east of Spokane, Washington, where I worked once.
Sunrises and sunsets are my favorite times of the day - when the dark yields a multitude of colors in a seemingly random array of patterns during its transition to light (or...vice versa in the case of sunsets).
I thought of this picture as I left the gym this morning at 6:50am, only to be greeeted by the most amazing red and blue sky, which soon after became orange as I filled my gas tank. I took the long way home, driving along Dorchester Bay, to watch the final remnants of red and pink over some of the Boston Harbor Islands. I wish I had my camera with me, but a photo would not have done the views over the sky any degree of justice. What a way to begin a new week!

No comments: