Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My rant about JFK Airport


The Delta International terminal at JFK Airport is disgusting. It's an embarrassment that this pathetic excuse of a facility is the point of entry of many foreginers, some undoubtedly visiting the U.S.A. for the first time. Everything from its personnel to its operations - just terrible. It's devoid of any palletable dining or shopping options. It's crowded, confusing, small, and loud. The PA system is inaudible. Odd liquids drip from above onto passengers.

This sad, beat-up excuse for a major airport terminal is the complete opposite of Delta's terrific Terminal A facility here in Boston. Delta should be ashamed. Oddly enough, I was reminded of this armpit of Airworld after I drove to Logan this weekend to pick up a friend, who was returning to Boston on a Northwest flight from Minneapolis. NWA operates out of the International Terminal here in Boston - Terminal E. Perhaps that's why I was reminded of JFK - Terminal E in Boston seems to be in much better condition, and most certainly wouldn't have reminded me of JFK otherwise.

I can recall having flown Northwest just two times (once to Minneapolis, and once to Amsterdam on a realtively random nonstop direct route NWA flies from Boston due to their affiliation with KLM). Both trips were, coincidentally, in first class. I distinctly remember the lumpiness of the seat on the flight to Amsterdam, and the old age of both airplanes - probably the main reasons why my flights with NWA have been limited to these few flight segments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find this article interesting. Here you can find other people opinions about JFK Airport Terminals

Anonymous said...

I had one of the worst experiences of my life at this Terminal this past weekend. Everyone who works here is an idiot, from the TSA former convicts to the retards at the Delta Check In desks.