Monday, March 05, 2007

Watch your back


This weekend, my cousin Kyle and I took a drive to Foxwoods for another cousin’s 30th birthday party. Kyle is headed to Acapulco for Spring Break starting on Friday. He has a 6am departure out of Logan, and intends to do what most college students would do – stay up all night Thursday night, and get pretty drunk. Frankly, I’m not too thrilled at the prospect of two long flights after no sleep and while drunk, but alas I’m now 32 and without the stamina of college students anymore.

I was trying to impart my travel wisdom to him during the drive, as he hasn’t been on an airplane since before 9/11 – get to Logan early, 6am departure means leave for Logan around 4am (from Waltham), security lines are surprisingly long early in the morning, no liquids, don’t look too drunk because they’ll deny you boarding, don't pack anything that will land you in a Mexican prison, etc. He mentioned that he's most concerned with waking up somewhere without one of his kidneys, leading me to believe that he watched too much Nip/Tuck this season.

No comments: