Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Attack of the Austin Towel Bunny, Part 2



When I walked into my hotel here in Austin a couple days ago, I was, once again, momentarily startled by the towel bunny on my bed. How could I have forgotten about these mystical creatures that hang at the Courtyard Austin - Arboretum. I encountered them here in November as well.

Weather in Austin has been in the 70's and 80's all week - a far cry from the de-icing we went through on Monday morning at Logan. Boston pic was from Friday evening, Texas pic was in Round Rock at The Dell Diamond (home of The Round Rock Express) from owner Nolan Ryan's private booth (he wasn't there). The Express play in the Pacific Coast League of AAA baseball because, of course, Austin is on the Pacific Coast, just north of Malibu. It's these warm-weather trips in February that keep me less jaded about raw winter days in Boston, but even down here I can still feel those wind tunnels around Copley Square!

No comments: