Monday, June 04, 2007

Late nights, sanding, and a catfish

I am a bit groggy after a late ending to the Sox-Yankees game last night. I'm guessing that this morning won't be the most productive throughout Boston with the game ending around midnight. The fans who attended the game and had to drive home to the suburbs must not have arrived home until well after 12:30 or 1.

Well, nothing wild happened this weekend. I stayed up until about 2:30 am Friday night, which is uncharacteristic of me. Jamen's birthday came and went after a fun evening, and now we're already counting down until his next birthday. He's unhappy that Leap Year creates an additional day until it's his birthday again.

Since I took 453 photos on the Great River Road Trip, and haven't had a chance to show them all, I think I'll post some of the more momerable ones here on Platinum Elite every so often.

Catfish are ugly suckers.

I sanded a bit more on Saturday. Sanding is becoming the bane of my existence. It just takes a lot longer in than I had anticipated. I had to order a couple replacement parts for my Cyclone 4-in-1 sander, because I managed to wear down the attachments that help me get in all of the nooks and crevasses. The deck is looking good, though.

It's been almost 36 hours since I stepped foot on the street outside. That will change momentarily once I head out to get to the office. Sometimes I like to see how long I can go at home. It's not usually preplanned, and was much simpler when I worked at home, and during the winter months of Boston gloom. And it's not like I'm being anti-social, because my friends were hanging out here Sat night and yesterday.

I'm leaning toward the purchase of a Nintendo Wii. The games look like relatively simple party games. But does playing Wii Tennis count as exercise? Maybe that would get me back on track, because I know that consuming brownies and the ingredients for Bananas Foster do not (thanks, friends).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get a Wii dude. I want to play tennis. Buy one this week and we can play it during game night on Saturday! It'll be like my birthday all over again!!!