Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Death Bringer


This is Leo. He's one of my upstairs neighbors' cats. They have 3 others.

Leo loves me. I first learned this one day when I was home working and I heard his loud meows in my front hallway (they are all indoor cats, and my neighbors like to let them roam around in the staircases every so often, which is fine with me). When I opened the door to see what was going on, he raced inside. I saw my neighbors later, and learned that Leo absolutely loves sitting outside my door.

It's not just my front door. When the cats roam the back staircase, they sit at my door there as well. And meow. Loudly. Yesterday I was sanding the deck (again), and after working on the part flush against the house, I stood up and was startled to find Leo staring at me. Monitoring my progress. Plotting something.

As I mentioned once before on Platinum Elite, the easiest way to kill me would be the combination of a small room, shag wool carpeting, a cat, a padlock, an hour, and no inhaler.

Deep down inside, I truly believe that cats are Satan's Servants. Friends with Lucifer himself. And the devil has told his cat minions to go out and find the weak humans, act all coy and cute, and destroy them. As Leo is the leader of the other 3 cats in my building (they follow him around live good little soldiers). He is my sworn enemy.

Arching your back and rubbing up against my leg will do nothing for your cause. Meowing repeatedly and loudly to come inside and show an interest in my place - no go.

I'm on to you, death bringer.

No comments: