Friday, August 31, 2007

New Combat Zone

To append my previous posting...I thought a few words describing the hell that is Kenmore Square were worth a few minutes out of my work day.

Forget the disaster that is the MBTA's aethstetic destruction of whatever scenery actually does exist on both street-level Kenmore and underground on the T, but I'm entirely tired of the plywood makeshift walls, orange cones, netting, heavy equipment, asphalt masquerading as sidewalk, chopped up streets, and uneven sidewalks.

Add to that minivans and SUV's filled with clueless out of town drivers with about-to-enter-college children in tow (who undoubtedly want to be rid of mum and dad after a summer of almost independence).

Top it off with large groups of pedestrians and the Red Sox home this weekend, and I'm officially moving Boston's Combat Zone, albeit temporarily, to Kenmore Square.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you and Boston....what happened? I got wasted tonight and hit on by a cute guy from the South. It didn't feel the same. YOu all should come visit me.