Saturday, October 27, 2007

(Kind of) Live Blogging from PodCamp


It's a rainy, foggy, miserable day here in Boston. Perfect time for a new media convention!

I'm at PodCamp 2 (I suppose this posting counts as a "live blogging" post, should I decide to follow it up with repeated updates....which I probably won't do). PodCamp 2 is a free podcasting, blogging, and new media convention at the BCEC (Boston Convention & Expo Center).

Today is my first time at the BCEC. This building is gigantic - as imposing inside as it is outside. I have driven past it countless times, as I also live in South Boston and, depending on how I drive home, it's along the way.

This convention had all the makings of my being here:

1. It's free
2. It's literally down the street from where I live
3. It's at the BCEC, and I was always curious about this building
4. It's easy to learn new things at conventions filled with smart people with lots of ideas.

I remember reading about a breakfast at the Starbucks in the Westin lobby, so I arrived a bit early to get my bearings, then wandered over to the Starbucks just in time - all of the food and coffee was being picked up by one of PodCamp's Silver Sponsors (CMaccess). I would be lying if that didn't factor into my decision to skip a drip coffee for an overexplosion of pumpkin choices (grande pumpkin spice latte and a slice of pumpkin loaf)

No comments: