Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Proposal to Ban the Distribution of Unsolicited Phone Books

Who knows if my little rant about unwanted phone books precipitated this, but according to boston.com, Boston City Councilor Salvatore LaMattina has proposed legislation "to ban the distribution of unsolicited commercial deliveries weighing more than a pound."

Bravo!

Mr. LaMattina, if you're reading this blog (this posting, or this one, for example), or have seen the many generous links from Universal Hub or articles the The Boston Globe, thanks for listening. If this is a separate but analogous idea, it's nice to know that I'm not alone in my frustration with the matter.

I hope this makes it through city council and the mayor's office.

If it does, this could truly gain steam as other communities around Massachusetts or even around the country begin to take notice.

So, if you're reading, I'm behind you 100%. Certainly, I would be willing to speak out against directories in a formal, public forum.

I'm not much of an activist, but when something is just wrong, I feel the need to speak up.

_________
Update:

It seems that Cambridge has also jumped onto this bandwagon and has a similar proposal in the works. This is great.

No comments: